Concert to benefit the East Texas Fraternal Order of Police
Coach’s & Cowboy’s, 8374 Paluxy Dr., Tyler, will host a family food and fun event August 11th that will feature a model car show and concert featuring Curtis Grimes that will benefit the East Texas Fraternal Order of Police.
The Back the Blue Summer Bash & Benefit Concert begins at 4pm. Families and supporters of all ages can enjoy menu items, drinks, and games at the grand opening of the newly remodeled Coach’s Sports Bar, with proceeds being given back to the FOP.
At 5pm, supporters of all ages can visit the classic model car show in the parking lot.
At 7pm, the doors will open at Cowboy’s for a benefit concert featuring country music artist Curtis Grimes, with opening act Brian Chance.
Concert tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door for attendees 18 and older only. Concert tickets will be available for purchase online by July 1st.
East Texas Regional Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) exists to strive for a betterment of the law enforcement profession for the individual officer and the collective membership throughout East Texas. By improving working conditions, wages, and benefits, and by monitoring and proposing effective legislation, the FOP provides a service and benefit to the law enforcement profession and the public to which it serves. FOP members across the nation believe in the national motto: “Jus Fidus Libertatum,” which translates to “Law is the Safeguard of Freedom.”
Locally, the FOP provides the following services for members and the community:
- Funeral expenses for any member’s on-duty or off-duty death
- Assisting ill or injured officers financially who are not able to work at the time
- Classes and advanced training for officers and members
- Catastrophe Team to assist LEOs at other agencies during a major event
- Christmas shopping for underprivileged children and those who are victims of, or witnesses to crime
- Protective gear for officers that cannot afford it themselves or that their department can’t afford to provide (such as. bullet proof vests)
- Scholarships for children of officers
- Other community giving (for instance, FOP recently for a child’s funeral who was a crime victim)
- Advocate with employers/departments for salary increases and employment benefits for officers
Sponsorships are available at facebook.com/FOP51.
For more details contact (903)780-7969 or Holly@ProgressRocks.com.