Keep Tyler Beautiful is seeking nominations from the public for local businesses for the first quarter Beauty and Business Award. The Beauty and Business Award recognizes businesses in the community for their improvement, upkeep, cleanliness and beautification efforts.
By rewarding businesses who keep their property beautiful and clean, Keep Tyler Beautiful hopes to motivate others in the community to do the same. Community beautification takes the cooperation of all residents of Tyler.
Board members examine different aspects of the business, such as:
- Store front is inviting with the use and upkeep of greenery, such as grass, trees, shrubs and/or flowers along with benches, trash cans and/or chairs.
- Parking area is litter free.
- Store front has attractive signs.
- Dumpster and trash areas are clean and tidy.
- Old, unused bulky items are not stored around or behind the store, i.e. equipment, furniture or supplies.
- Building front is in good shape with clean paint or bricks
From now until March 10, the public is invited to nominate a business by uploading a photo of the business to the City of Tyler’s social media pages (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) using the hashtag #TylerBeautyandBusiness or by emailing the photo to Rachel Northcutt, Keep Tyler Beautiful community coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner of the award will be presented a certificate and yard sign from the Keep Tyler Beautiful Board.