May is National Preservation Month. The National Trust for Historic Preservation has played a major role in leading past efforts, and until recently they would issue a theme for each year. Now, the Trust is encouraging everyone to celebrate Preservation Month through the “This Place Matters” campaign. More information can be found by visiting www.ThisPlaceMatters.org .
The City of Tyler is partnering with local organizations to demonstrate why “Tyler Matters” during the month of May. Some events include:
- Tyler’s P.A.S.T (Preservation Advocacy Series and Trainings)
- “Historic Preservation is Larger Than Life” booth at the Hit the Bricks – 2nd Saturday Event
- Local Landmark Owner Evening of Appreciation
- Downtown “Possibility Tour”, showcasing professional mockups of the opportunities that lie within properties for sale or lease in the downtown area
- The Mayfair Building – Fundraising Kick-Off Ceremony
Visit www.TylerHistoricPreservaiton.com to view the event calendar with full details and additional events. Questions can be sent to Amber Rojas via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (903) 531-1174.