The Beauty and Business Award recognizes businesses in the community for their improvement, upkeep, cleanliness and beautification efforts. Winners are nominated by the public and selected by the Keep Tyler Beautiful Board.
The Beauty and Business Award for the second quarter of 2021 was awarded to Freedom Financial Group on Broadway:
Board members examine different aspects of the business, such as:
- Storefront is inviting with the use and upkeep of greenery, such as grass, trees, shrubs and/or flowers along with benches, trash cans and/or chairs.
- Parking area is litter-free.
- Storefront has attractive signs.
- Dumpster and trash areas are clean and tidy.
- Old, unused bulky items are not stored around or behind the store, i.e. equipment, furniture or supplies.
- Building front is in good shape with clean paint or bricks
By awarding those businesses who keep their property beautiful and clean, Keep Tyler Beautiful hopes to motivate others in the city to do the same. Community beautification takes the cooperation of all residents and businesses of Tyler.
The public is invited to nominate a business by emailing a photo to Keep Tyler Beautiful at KTyB@tylertexas.com. The winner of the award will be presented with a certificate and yard sign from the Keep Tyler Beautiful Board.
Download the City of Tyler app:
About Keep Tyler Beautiful
Keep Tyler Beautiful’s goal is to encourage beautification, waste reduction and recycling activities in the community. Through planning, initiating and coordinating programs for litter control, environmental sustainability and beautification, we strive to bring people together and raise public interest in building a cleaner, better city.