With Fun Forest Pool being closed for the summer of 2019, the City would like to offer several other ways to cool off to our residents. The City has partnered with Tyler ISD to offer free swim days at their Aquatic Center and Tyler Transit will offer free rides to children under 17 to the pool and to all Tyler splash pads.
See additional details below:
- Tyler ISD Aquatic Center, located at 3013 Earl Campbell Pkwy., will be open to the public during the following hours, free of charge. The City of Tyler lifeguards will be on duty and appropriate swim apparel will be required.
Please note: These dates have not started yet. An opening date will be announced soon.
- Saturday 2-7 p.m.
- Sunday 1-7 p.m.
- Thursday 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Friday (lap swim only) 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Tyler Transit will transport children under the age of 17 to the closest bus stop to any of the following locations during the summer months, free of charge. (Children under the age of 12, must be accompanied by an adult)
- Tyler ISD Aquatic Center
- Bergfeld Park Splash Pad
- Faulkner Park Splash Pad
- Glass Recreation Center will offer free summer memberships to children under the age of 17 for June, July and August.
- The new splash pads that will be installed at Fun Forest and Woldert/Glass Recreation are currently under construction. However, once they are opened, we plan to extend the season to be open every weekend, as long as the weather remains warm. (They usually close mid-August)
- The Parks office has a free 7-day pass to Tyler Athletic and Swim Club that are available for pick up. (1 pass per family)
- Tyler Parks and Recreation will be hosting a summer family fun night, once a month. These nights will be free and open to the public. Each night will have a theme, fun games and food trucks in attendance for those who wish to purchase food. (Dates will be posted soon)
Additionally, our Summer Playground Programs are offered daily, from 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m., at the following park locations free of charge. Breakfast, snacks and lunch are provided to any child and there are playground leaders to help lead fun activities.
- Bergfeld Park
- Emmett Scott
- PT Cole
All information and updates will be available on our website at www.TylerParksandRec.com.